Equis is a set of organizations working to create a better understanding of Latinos, innovate new approaches to reach and engage them, invest in the leadership and infrastructure for long-term change and increased engagement. Since 2019, we have served as a hub of Latino polling, qualitative insights, and data, with analysis based on a large set of interviews, focus groups, online journals, ethnographies, and vote simulations. Equis is a leader in digital innovation, focused on message testing and experiments, anti-disinformation tracking, and digital capacity-building for grassroots groups. Equis is also committed to developing Latino leaders across the progressive space, serving as a convener of organizations and individuals leading Hispanic-focused programs.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Operations and People, Talent & Culture (PTC), Equis is seeking an entrepreneurial and people-centric leader to be our PTC Director. In support of Equis’ people and culture, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day guidance to leaders and managers, while also deploying PTC solutions that meet the needs of a dynamic, growing business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and oversee the work product of the PTC Generalist, responsible for payroll, compliance and other PTC Generalist activities.
- Develop and implement impactful initiatives around Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging, Culture and Employee Experience so as to bring the Equis mission and values to life for all employees.
- Oversee the end-to-end performance management process and system in Lattice for performance reviews, promotions and pay increases for Equis employees, ensuring all employees and their managers have a shared understanding of their strengths, challenges, opportunities for development and desired career path.
- Recruit for open positions and support hiring managers in developing job descriptions, recruitment processes and interview questions to ensure an equitable talent acquisition process for all open positions at Equis.
- Create a new hire orientation and 30-60-90 day onboarding program to accelerate new employees’ ramp up periods and learning so as to set them up for success.
- Establish and promote the continuous learning and development of all Equis employees, including implementing trainings and workshops, career pathing and other professional development programs.
- 7+ years of broad based Human Resources experience, ideally within a fast growing and agile industry.
- 5+ years of broad-based PTC experience within at least 3 of the following areas: compensation, benefits, recruitment, learning & development, PTC operations, compliance and employee relations.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience provide comprehensive PTC consultation, advice, coaching and facilitation to leaders, managers and teammates.
- Successful track record of establishing yourself as a trusted and credible PTC partner by being able to anticipate business needs and proactively recommend solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: relationship building, stakeholder management, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- Acts with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, belonging, and inclusion
- Strong understanding of domestic and international workplace compliance and regulation needs, provided that Equis is a completely virtual organization.
- Previous experience leading a PTC function within the non-profit sector and/or a start-up organization.
- Prior experience working with Gusto, Transamerica, BreezyHR and/ or Lattice.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a fully remote (USA only), full-time position with occasional domestic travel and a competitive salary range of $115,000 - $140,000 p/year. This salary range represents a good faith estimate of what Equis may pay for this position at the time of posting. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as budget availability and commensurate with the selected candidates’ experience. Equis offers medical, dental, vision coverage at no premium, 4% employer match 401K, and excellent vacation, sick and personal leave.
Equis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Equis is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the recruitment process, please email PTC @equislabs.us