Equis is a set of organizations working to create a better understanding of Latinos, innovate new approaches to reach and engage them, invest in the leadership and infrastructure for long-term change and increased engagement. Since 2019, we have served as a hub of Latino polling, qualitative insights, and data, with analysis based on a large set of interviews, focus groups, online journals, ethnographies, and vote simulations. Equis is a leader in digital innovation, focused on message testing and experiments, anti-disinformation tracking, and digital capacity-building for grassroots groups. Equis is also committed to developing Latino leaders across the progressive space, serving as a convener of organizations and individuals leading Hispanic-focused programs.
Reporting to the PTC (People, Talent & Culture) Director, Equis is seeking a detail-oriented problem solver to be our PTC Operations Manager. This role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the PTC function, liaising with employees of all levels across the organization and supporting the PTC Director with organization-wide initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the first point of contact for employees’ human resources questions, escalating to the PTC Director as needed.
- Administers payroll, including appropriate withholdings, deductions and 401K contributions
- Stays up to date on PTC compliance, including new state laws and regulations, and applies best practices as needed.
- Supports the recruitment process including posting open roles and scheduling interviews.
- Manages the orientation and onboarding process for all new hires, including new hire paperwork.
- Assists the PTC Director as needed with the performance management process, learning and professional development, employee engagement, culture, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and additional activities as assigned..
- 2-5 years of broad based PTC experience within a dynamic and fast-moving organization.
- Prior experience administering payroll and benefits.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- Acts with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, belonging, and inclusion.
- Prior work experience at a start-up or a non-profit organization
- Previous experience working with Gusto, Transamerica, BreezyPTC and/ or Lattice.
- Experience with international workplace compliance laws and regulations.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a fully remote (USA only), full-time position and a competitive salary range of $90,000-$115,000 p/year. This salary range represents a good faith estimate of what Equis may pay for this position at the time of posting. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as budget availability and commensurate with the selected candidates’ experience. Equis offers medical, dental, vision coverage at no premium, 4% employer match 401K, and excellent vacation, sick and personal leave.
Equis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Equis is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the recruitment process, please email PTC @equislabs.us